The Department of Public Health Education at UNCG in partnership with Serve, Inc. offers a UNCG Health Coach Certificate for those who complete the Health Coach Certificate Training as well as a satisfactory review of additional certificate materials.
UNCG Health Coach Certificate Requirements:
For those interested in obtaining the UNCG Health Coach Certificate, the following requirements must be completed within one year from your date of completion of the Health Coach Certificate Training:
- Complete the UNCG Health Coach Certificate Training
- Score 70% or higher on the online exam
- Verify at least six coaching sessions completed with one client following the completion of training (Use the form: Form – verification of hours)
- Submit an audio clip (must be full length of your coaching session; minimum of 30 minutes).
- Submit a typed transcript of the recorded session with a personal reflection of coaching included
- Submit a summarized reflection of coaching experiences, strengths, challenges, growth, and future goals for coaching
See this page for instructions on how to submit materials: Submitting your Certification Materials
Please read more in-depth about our Certification Requirements here.
Please note: An additional fee of $150 is required for the review of your certificate materials. Upon satisfactory review of your certificate materials, you will earn the UNCG Health Coach Certificate. Please submit the Payment Submission Form with your payment to be considered for the UNCG Health Coach Certificate.
Our training is one of 52 programs that is approved by NBHWC. In order to be eligible for the NBHWC’s National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC), you must complete the UNCG Health Coach Training and complete a satisfactory review of your UNCG Health Coach Certificate materials. The UNCG Health Coach Certificate is the verification that ICHWC needs to confirm that you have completed an approved training with experience and feedback from faculty. Please see NBHWC’s website for more details on the requirements to become a National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC).
The UNCG Health Coach Certificate Training is also a Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) Approved Board Certified Coach (BCC) training provider. This course is approved as a 30 hour BCC training course. You must complete the UNCG Health Coach Training and complete a satisfactory review of your UNCG Health Coach Certificate materials to meet the 30 training hours.